Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taco Soup with Cornbread

I love Taco Soup, but my family isn't too fond of it, so I always serve it with something they love: cornbread.

Taco Soup

1 lb hamburger
1 onion,diced
1 pkg taco seasoning (I only use about half to tone it down for my family)
1 large can diced tomatoes (26 oz)
1 can corn (undrained)
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
White corn chips
Grated cheese
sour cream, lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives, cilantro, green onions, salsa, etc.


Brown hamburger with onion.  Season meat.
Combine with tomatoes, corn, beans, and tomato sauce in pot (or crock pot.)
Cook until heated through (or let sit on low in crock pot until dinnertime.)
Serve with (or over crushed) tortilla chips.
Top with cheese and desired garnishes.

Cornbread
2 cups bisquick (I use Jiffy)
1/2 c cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1 c milk
2 eggs
1 cube butter, melted

Stir all ingredients together, adding butter last. 
Pour into 8 or 9 inch square pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

Served with: Apple slices and Genene's Fruit Dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment