Thursday, March 14, 2013

Super Food for St. Patrick's Day

Here's a timely tip: Green is good!

When my kids see that box in the fridge, they say, "Oh no--the evil spinach!"  At least they did until this morning.  We had green smoothies, and they loved 'em.  I made them just like I make the smoothies they are used to, but added 1-2 cups fresh spinach.  The color was just lovely. . . like pea soup. . . but the kids downed them.  I wouldn't tell them what made it green until they all tried and loved it.  I had a good excuse--I just blamed it on St. Patrick's day. 

1 6oz container of vanilla yogurt
1-2 TBSP orange juice concentrate
1 half banana, frozen
1-2 cups fresh spinach
fill the rest of the blender with frozen fruit (we like the tropical blend from Costco--it has strawberries, pineapple, mango and papaya)

Add enough cold water to blending and desired consistency.  Blend (adding water as needed).

Enjoy your super smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment